Dr. Meenu Bajpai
Dr Meenu Bajpai is a graduate from Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior. She did her post-graduation in Transfusion Medicine from Post graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh in 2003. She has been working as faculty in the Department of Transfusion Medicine at ILBS since 2008. She was awarded the Princess of Wales Scholarship by the British Blood Transfusion Society in 2009. She was also awarded the Harold Gunson Fellowship in Transfusion by the International Society of Blood Transfusion in 2011. Her main areas of interest are immunohematology, transfusion transmitted infections and apheresis.
Year of last degree
MD / MS : PGIMER, Chandigarh
MBBS : G.R. Medical College, Gwalior
Number of publications
- Princess of Wales Scholoarship Award in Transfusion Medicine for 2009.
- Faculty at training program on Rational Use of Blood at GRMC Gwalior from 14th to 17th March 2013.
- External Resource person for Blood safety training program under NACO at BHMRC, Bhopal on 18th March 2013.
- Presented a poster on “Plasmapheresis in a Case of Severe Acute Hemolysis” in ISTM 2013(13th to 15th September), Bangalore.
- Chairperson in session on neonatal and pediatric transfusion practices in ISTM 2013 13th to 15th September, Bangalore
- Presented a lecture on ‘’Developing a Plateletpheresis Donor Panel- Issues and Challenges” 18th to 20th October, 2013 at ISBTI Surat.
- Bajpai M, Kaura B, Marwaha N, Kumari S, Sharma RR, Agnihotri SK.Platelet alloimmunization in multitransfused patients with haemato-oncologicaldisorders.Natl Med J India. 2005 May-Jun;18(3):134-6.
- Sharma RR, Cheema R, Vajpayee M, Rao U, Kumar S, Marwaha N, Agnihotri SK.Prevalence of markers of transfusion transmissible diseases in voluntary andreplacement blood donors.Natl Med J India. 2004 Jan-Feb;17(1):19-21.
- Thakral B, Saluja K, Bajpai M, Sharma RR, Marwaha N. Importance of Weak ABO Subgroups. Lab Med 36(1):32-34, 2005.
- Bajpai M, Gupta S, Chatterjee K. Are medicated adhesive bands at the phlebotomy site useful?Indian j Hematol Blood Transfus 25(2):86-87.