Dr. Ankur Jindal
Dr Ankur Jindal has completed his MBBS in 2008 with 1 gold medal and 3 certificates of honours and finished his MD Internal Medicine from PGIMER, Chandigarh in 2011. Completed DM in Hepatology ILBS in 2014. He has the capability and skills of performing both upper and lower GI diagnostic and therapeutic procedures with an exposure to ERCPs. He also had experience in hepatic hemodynamics Hepatic Venous Pressure Gradient measurement and transjugular liver biopsies. He is presently working As Asst Prof of Hepatology and Liver transplantation at ILBS w.e.f September 2014. He had undergone observership for 2 weeks at Virginia common wealth university Richmond, VA, USA under Prof Arun Sanyal and his team on liver transplant, basic and clinical research methodology. His area of interest are Viral Hepatitis, Portal hypertension, Hepato-renal
MD (Internal medicine) : PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2008-2011
M.B.B.S : King Georgeâ€™s Medical University, Lucknow, 2002-2008
DM (Hepatology) : ILBS, New Delhi, 2011-2014
Number of publications
- Oral runner up award in clinical research oral presentation at “HEPATOLOGY 360” oral presentation, Athens, Greece 2013.
- Travel bursary and membership award at European association for study of liver (EASL) at London, 2014.
- Membership award at European association for study of liver (EASL) at Amsterdam, 2013.
- Award of certificate in “Biostatistics and Research Methodology” at PGIMER, Chandigarh, 2011
- Received Late (Prof.) Dinkar Chandra Gold medal and Book prize for year 2005 for obtaining the highest number of marks in Pathology at the second professional MBBS examination.
- Received Certificate of Honour in Pathology and ENT at the second and final professional MBBS examination.
- International liver congresstm 49th meeting of the European association for the study of the liver in London, UK, 9 - 13 april, 2014.
- 3nd ACLF consensus conference on ACLF, New Delhi 2014
- First Edition of Intermediate Training Course in Transplant Coordination 2012, Transplant Procurement Management ( TPM), New Delhi, India
- GASTROCON 2012 on Hepatobiliary and pancreatic malignancies. New Delhi, India
- 2ND ‘Hepatology 360’ Live conference at Athens, Greece, May 17-19, 2013
- International liver congresstm 48th meeting of the European association for the study of the liver in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, April 24-28, 2013.
- Annual conference of Indian national association for study of Liver (INASL) at Hyderabad, March 22 - 24, 2013
- Hot topics in American association for study of liver disease at Mumbai, 9-10 December, 2013
- Current perspective in Liver disease (CPLD 2013) organized by Department of Gastroenterology and Nutrition at AIIMS, New Delhi, 5-6 October, 2013.
- Current perspective in Liver disease (CPLD 2009) organized by Department of Hepatology, PGIMER, Chandigarh, 5-6 December, 2009.
- NW chapter meeting of Indian society of Hematology and Transfusion medicine at PGIMER, Chandigarh, September 25, 2010.
- Introductory course in Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases at ILBS, New Delhi, October 13, 2012
- PGI-AIIMS-SGPGI Endoscopy course at PGIMER, Chandigarh, January 26-27, 2013.
- Indo-German workshop on Regenerative medicine in liver disease at ILBS, New Delhi, February 14-17, 2013.
- Indo-spanish workshop on ‘Current Perspectives in Portal Hypertension’ at ILBS, New Delhi, September 12-13, 2012.
- Live Endoscopy course organized by Dr Amit Maydeo at Mumbai, April, 2014.
- Completed one year mandatory Internship (2007-2008) at G.M. & Associated Hospital, KGMU, Lucknow, India
- Served as Junior Resident at Department of Internal Medicine (2008-2011), PGIMER, Chandigarh, India
- Served as senior Resident, Department of Hepatology (2011-2014), Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Currently working as Assistant professor at Department of Hepatology, Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi, India
- Viral Hepatitis
- Portal Hypertension
Attended clinical observer ship as guest faculty at Department of Gastroenterology, Virginia commonwealth university, VCU, Richmond, Virginia, USA (November, 2014)
- Clinical research thesis entitled “A randomized, comparative open label study of Carbepenem versus Cefepime in spontaneous bacterial peritonitis’ and to evaluate the risk factors for treatment failure” (Clinical trial.gov NCT01465358) under supervision of Prof. SK Sarin, Department of Hepatology, ILBS, New Delhi. 2011-2014.
- Clinical research thesis entitled “A prospective randomized controlled study to compare the efficacy of combined Tenofovir plus Telbivudine versus Tenofovir alone in patients with spontaneous reactivation of hepatitis B” (Clinical trial.gov NCT01887680) under supervision of Prof. SK Sarin, Department of Hepatology, ILBS, New Delhi. 2011-2014.
- Paper published- Jindal A, Kumar M, Sarin SK. “Management of acute hepatitis B and reactivation of hepatitis B”. Liver International; 2013 Feb;33 Suppl 1:164-75
Delivered a lecture on “Difficult to treat spontaneous bacterial peritonitis’ at Ist international conference on Ascites by International club of Ascites at PGIMER, Chandigarh, India (20-22 February, 2015)
Presentations at International/ National conference
- AASLD Oral presentation 2014 (Boston, USA) : Jindal A, Kumar N, Sarin SK. A randomized trial of ‘Imipenem versus Cefepime’ in difficult to treat spontaneous bacterial peritonitis (SBP) and to evaluate the risk factors for treatment failure.
- AASLD poster presentation 2014 (Boston, USA) : Jindal A, Sarin SK. Acquired Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) mimicking acute hepatic insult presenting as Acute on chronic liver failure (ACLF) is associated with high mortality.
- EASL 2014 Oral Presentation (London, 2014) :Jindal A, Kumar M, Sarin SK. Sequential therapy with tenofovir and pegylated interferon-alpha 2b versus tenofovir monotherapy in hbeag positive chronic hepatitis b (CHB): An interim analysis"
- EASL 2014 Oral E-Poster Presentation(London, 2014) :Jindal A, Kumar N, Sarin SK. Evaluation of systemic and pulmonary hemodynamics in Cirrhosis and its relevance in clinical practice. A study of 654 cirrhotics.
- APASL 2014 E Poster Presentation (Brisbaine, Australia) : Choudhury A K, Garg H, Jindal A, Vasistha C, Sarin S K. Response guided ascitic tap in spontaneous bacterial peritonitis predicts outcome.
- APASL 2014 E Poster Presentation(Brisbaine, Australia) : Jindal A, Kumar M, Sarin SK. Acquired hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH) presenting as acute liver failure in a dedicated liver ICU: Our experience of 19 cases.
- “Hepatology 360” Oral Presentation, Athens, Greece 2013: Jindal A, Kumar M, Sarin SK. “Acute on chronic liver failure - Does etiology really matters?”
- EASL 2013 Poster Presentation (Amsterdam, 2013) : Jindal A, Maiwall R, Sarin SK. Acute kidney injury at admission and its response to terlipressin as a predictor of mortality in patients with acute-on-chronic liver failure (ACLF).
- INASL 2013 Poster Presentation (Hyderabad, 2013) : Jindal A, Kumar M, Sarin SK. Predictors and outcomes of liver failure in severe hepatitis B reactivation.
- APASL Consensus Meeting On ACLF , 2014 (AARC-APASL) : Jindal A, Maiwall R, Sarin SK. Acute kidney Injury in Acute-on-chronic liver failure.
- Jindal A, Kumar M, Sarin SK. HBV reactivation leading to Acute-on-chronic liver failure.